Dad passed these on… I’ve deleted the ones I think are too dorky:
* Your fences need to be horse-high, pig-tight and bull-strong.
* Keep skunks and bankers and lawyers at a distance.
* Life is simpler when you plow around the stump.
* A bumble bee is considerably faster than a John Deere
* It don’t take a very big person to
carry a grudge.
* You cannot unsay a cruel
* When you wallow with pigs, expect to get dirty.
* The best sermons are lived, not preached.
* Most of the stuff people worry about ain’t never gonna
* Don’t judge folks by their
* Remember that silence is sometimes the
* Don’t interfere with somethin’ that ain’t
botherin’ you none.
* Timing has a lot to do with the
outcome of a rain dance.
* If you find yourself in a
hole, the first thing to do is stop diggin’.
* Always drink
upstream from the herd.
* Good judgment comes from
experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.
* If you get to
thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody
else’s dog around.
* Live simply. Love generously.
Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.